Join Our Team
Bring your passions to the nation’s largest provider of Service K9s for disabled American veterans.
K9 Trainer Apprenticeship Program
The fully immersive five-month program provides a learning development curriculum to prepare graduates of the program to seamlessly transition into a K9s For Warriors dog trainer role. The program offers educational practices focused on:
- Acceptable training methods
- Dog learning theory
- Dog behavior and behavior modification
- Warriors’ mental disabilities and how to work and communicate with them
- Departmental policies and procedures
- Interdepartmental communication
- Dog care and grooming
- Sanitary kennel management
Our next apprentice program will begin accepting applications in May, the program will run July through December.