Give Veterans a New Leash on Life
K9s For Warriors (K9FW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
If you are looking to maximize your contribution to K9s For Warriors, options like donor-advised funds, planned giving, qualified charitable distributions, or stocks and securities are a perfect approach. Your tax benefits are immediate, while your gift impacts our program and the lives of veterans and Service Dogs.
You play a critical role in our mission.
Help us protect the future of our Warriors. Roughly 20 veterans die by suicide every day, and K9s For Warriors is determined to change that.
By committing to $20 per month, you can make a difference in the lives of the veterans that have sacrificed for our freedoms.
Stocks and Securities
You can help K9s fund its mission by donating stock directly in minutes! It’s safe, easy and there is no cost to donate stock.
If you are interested in donating stock K9s For Warriors, click here.
Leave a legacy. Help a hero and rescue a dog.
With a legacy gift, you are in full control of your donation. Your planned gift can save the life of a veteran in need and change the future of a rescue dog.
With a planned gift you can:
- Leave a lifesaving legacy without giving up assets.
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible.
- Take care of the financial needs of your family first.
- Provide inheritances for your heirs at a lower tax cost.
- Reduce your income tax and avoid capital gains taxes.
Contact us today to leave your legacy.
A donor-advised fund is an investment account designed specifically for donating the proceeds to charities as they mature. DAF Direct allows you, our donor, to initiate grant recommendations from their donor-advised fund (DAF) directly from the DAF Direct widget below, get started today!
Donation through a DAF provides several tax advantages in addition to the benefits it offers for veterans in the K9s For Warriors program. Your wealth manager can provide advice and assistance.
Make a tax-deductible donation to K9s For Warriors
Designate your gift anonymously, or, in memory or honor of someone
Enjoy tax-free growth of the investment
Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event. You do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated crypto that is donated and you can typically deduct the fair market value of the donation on your taxes.
All cryptocurrency donations are final and no goods, services or airdrops will be offered in exchange for cryptocurrency donations.
If you have an IRA and are over the required minimum distribution age, a QCD will help drive K9s For Warriors’ mission and reduce your tax liability.
K9s For Warriors is a proud 501(c)(3) organization and eligible for this type of support. Your tax advisor can answer specific questions on the advantages of donating via QCD.
- Yes. K9s For Warriors is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- We offer assistance to veterans from around the United States. K9s For Warriors’ five primary business operation facilities include: K9s For Warriors National Headquarters (Ponte Vedra, FL) Davis Family Mega Kennel (Ponte Vedra, FL) Gold Family Campus (Alachua, FL) Petco Love K9 Center (San Antonio, Texas) and K9s For Warriors at Heidi’s Village (Phoenix, AZ)
- Accredited member of Assistance Dogs International
- Member of the Association of Service Dog Providers for Military Veterans
- GuideStar Platinum Rated Charity
- Great Nonprofits Charity
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) #82286
- BBB Wise Giving Accredited Charity
- Excellence in Giving Transparent Charity
- The Patriots Initiative Accredited Veterans Charity
As of our last audit, 80% of all donations directly supported our programs to rescue, train and pair Service Dogs with veterans.
Contributions made to K9s For Warriors are tax-deductible. Consult your personal tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your specific gift.
If you donate online, your gift will be charged immediately. Any recurring gifts will be charged on the same day every month, or the next closest business day. Donations received by mail or phone will be processed within 1-2 business days of receipt.
You will receive an email each month with your donation receipt attached, which you can print or save as a record of your gift. We also will provide an annual statement at the end of the year.
If you would like to change your donation, please contact our Donor Services team by phone at (904) 686-1956 ext. 109, or email donorservices@K9sforWarriors.org. The team is available from 8 a.m to 4 p.m. EST on regular business days.
In addition to knowing you have made a difference in the life of a veteran and a rescue dog, we provide various “thank you” gifts to donors of all levels.