Give Veterans a New Leash on Life
K9s For Warriors (K9FW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
If you are looking to maximize your contribution to K9s For Warriors, options like donor-advised funds, planned giving, qualified charitable distributions, or stocks and securities are a perfect approach. Your tax benefits are immediate, while your gift impacts our program and the lives of veterans and Service Dogs.
Stocks and Securities
There are several ways you can assist K9s For Warriors through your estate. Options include naming K9s For Warriors:
- In your will or your estate
- As the beneficiary of your estate
- As a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
Donation through a DAF provides several tax advantages in addition to the benefits it offers for veterans in the K9s For Warriors program. Your wealth manager can provide advice and assistance.
A donor-advised fund is an investment account designed specifically for donating the proceeds to charities as they mature. DAFs enable you to:
Make a tax-deductible donation to K9s For Warriors
Designate your gift anonymously, or, in memory or honor of someone
Enjoy tax-free growth of the investment
If you have an IRA and are over the required minimum distribution age, a QCD will help drive K9s For Warriors’ mission and reduce your tax liability.
K9s For Warriors is a proud 501(c)(3) organization and eligible for this type of support. Your tax advisor can answer specific questions on the advantages of donating via QCD.
- Yes. K9s For Warriors is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- We offer assistance to veterans from around the United States. K9s For Warriors’ three primary business operation facilities include: K9s For Warriors National Headquarters (Ponte Vedra, FL) Gold Family Campus (Alachua, FL) and Petco Love K9 Center (San Antonio, Texas)
- Accredited member of Assistance Dogs International
- Member of the Association of Service Dog Providers for Military Veterans
- GuideStar Platinum Rated Charity
- Great Nonprofits Charity
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) #82286
- BBB Wise Giving Accredited Charity
- Excellence in Giving Transparent Charity
- The Patriots Initiative Accredited Veterans Charity
Yes. We will gratefully accept your donation by mail. Our mailing address is:
K9s For Warriors
PO Box 865431
Orlando, FL 32866-5431
As of our last audit, 80% of all donations directly supported our programs to rescue, train and pair Service Dogs with veterans.
Contributions made to K9s For Warriors are tax-deductible. Consult your personal tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your specific gift.
If you donate online, your gift will be charged immediately. Any recurring gifts will be charged on the same day every month, or the next closest business day. Donations received by mail or phone will be processed within 1-2 business days of receipt.
You will receive an email each month with your donation receipt attached, which you can print or save as a record of your gift. We also will provide an annual statement at the end of the year.
In addition to knowing you have made a difference in the life of a veteran and a rescue dog, we provide various “thank you” gifts to donors of all levels.